Turmeric Hemp Hummus
Recipe by Michelle Menogue, A Student at Maryland University of Integrative Health
Ingredients and medicinal properties:
- 1.5 cup garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup hemp seeds: Essential fatty acid that assists with lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, aiding digestion, and assisting blood sugar regulation (Waters, 2008).
- ¼ cup Tahini
- ¼ cup golden flax seed oil: Helps with arthritis, decreasing cholesterol, decreasing blood pressure, and neurological conditions (WebMD, 2015).
- 1 Tbsp. ground turmeric: Known as a high yielding superpower in nature, it is highly regarded for its ability to fight inflammation, cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s. (Aggarwal, 2011).
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic: Decreases incidence of many chronic diseases associated with oxidation, inflammation, cancer, and heart disease (Aggarwal, 2011).
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt®
- Place all ingredients in a food processor
2. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Transfer to a bowl and serve! It will keep for 1 week in the refrigerator in a closed container.
Aggarwal, B. B. (2011). Healing spices: How to use 50 every day and exotic spices to boost health and
beat disease. New York, NY: Sterling.
WebMD. (2015). Flaxseed Oil. Retrieved on December 9, 2015 from http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-
supplements/ingredientmono-990-FLAXSEED%20OIL.aspx?activeIngredientId =990& activeIng
Waters, S. (2008). The Many Environmental and Health Benefits of Hemp. Retrieved on December 9,
2015 from http://www.naturalnews.com/023839_hemp_health_environmental.html#ixzz3tt3Q7Djg