Halloween Candy without the guilt!
-By natural chef carla delangre
A hand mixer or standing mixer
1 sheet parchment paper to line glass baking dish
1 8×8 glass baking dish
Candy thermometer (optional)
4 TBSP of pasture-raised gelatin powder
1 cup of room temperature water (divided)
2 tsp vanilla or other flavor option
- Pour 1/2 cup plain warm water into mixing bowl. Add gelatin. Whisk slightly and let sit.
- Pour the other 1/2 cup of water and 1 cup of honey or sweetener of choice into the small saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Bring the water and honey to a boil, while keeping a watchful eye. Constantly stir the mixture for 8 minutes while maintaining a boiling status, or until your candy thermometer reaches 240 degrees.
- When add honey mix is added, turn the mixer to high and blend with the mixer for another 10-15 minutes or until it forms a stiff cream like the consistency of marshmallow cream. (It should form gentle peaks.)
- Add any flavor ingredients for the last 2 minutes of mixing
- Line your glass baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some on the sides to be able to pull up.
- When marshmallows are whipped, pour into the lined dish and smooth evenly.
- Let sit at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Flip onto a cutting board and cut with a well-oiled knife.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter. Do not store in the refrigerator or they will melt. Be sure to store in an airtight container and they will last for 2 weeks.