Try these delicious gluten-free crepes made just in time for St. Patrick’s Day and dress them up with your favorite topping!
Makes: 12 pancakes
1 cup Cassava Flour
¾ cup milk
2/3 cup water (add more if needing to thin the batter for crepes)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2/3 cup matcha powder
¼ teaspoon fine ground Celtic Sea Salt®
2 unripe bananas
½ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 table spoon coconut oil or butter
1 tablespoon of Lakanto (optional to help reduce amount of Maple syrup used)
Directions for Crepes:
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, water, and melted butter. In a separate medium sized bowl mix the dry ingredients including the cassava flour, matcha powder, and salt. Then in the large bowl whisk the wet and dry ingredients together. Add some water if needed to thin the batter.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat with some butter or coconut oil. Once the pan is heated scoop about a ¼ cup of batter to the pan and use the back of a large spoon to thin out the batter onto the pan using circular motions. Once the batter looks less shiny and begins to have small bubbles, it is time to flip the crepe. Allow to cook slowly on each side a couple minutes at least.
- Stack crepes onto a plate and cover with a clean cloth to help keep them warm.
Directions for sauce:
- In a large skillet heat butter or coconut oil on medium to high heat.
- Cut the bananas on an angle in 1 inch thick slices.
- Add the banana slices to the pan so they brown evenly and flip over to cook on each side. Be sure to not over cook or the bananas become mushy.
- Add some cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup once the bananas are cooked on each side. Then remove from pan and place into a bowl.
- Use the same skillet to sauce the walnuts to use as garnish on top.
- Layer the crepes with the banana foster sauce and garnish with walnuts. Serve hot!