Jazz up your cranberry sauce this year by adding Chia Seeds! Cranberry-Chia Jam is great for Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches or livening up your breakfast toast!
Healthy Facts: Cranberries are exploding with vitamins A, C, K and antioxidants and contains fiber. These tangy berries contain helpful flavonoids that reduce inflammation and harmful bacteria growth. Cranberries are known and tested to contribute to lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. They are also famously known for help to prevent urinary tract infections.
Chia seeds are popularly known for its source of omega-3 fats, protein, and fiber. This tiny crunchy seed provides important minerals such as zinc and calcium that is vital to our bodies. They contribute to strengthening the bones, boost energy and immune, and facilitate weight loss.
Cranberry-Chia Jam Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Maple Valley Organic Syrup
- 4 (2-inch-long) strips candied orange peel, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt®
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 5 cups) fresh or frozen organic cranberries
- 5 teaspoons Pesticide-Free Chia Seeds
- 3/4 cup water
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once mixture has come to a boil, reduce heat to low to maintain a simmer. Cook and stir occasionally, until thick and reduced, about 40 to 45 minutes. Cool and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
*QUICK TIP: If the mixture is too thin for your liking, then add more chia, 1 tsp at a time to any recipe or substitute chia for cornstarch.